Tuesday, March 31, 2009


MTV is supposedly going to be airing more music videos to try and get back to its roots of being an all music video station. They are going to call the 6-hour block of time "AMTV". Apparently it is going to start at 3 am so unless you are a night owl or have to wake up really early you probably won't even notice the change. However, I know a lot of people will be happy about this because they miss the music videos, but I am not one of those people. I could care less if they play more videos, I prefer the reality shows. They used to be known for the videos but now I think people are used to there reality shows. MTV was one of the channels that started the big reality TV craze with "The Real World", which is still a huge hit. I think they should stick to what people know and not try to change the channel too much. There are plenty of other places to watch videos like Youtube.

3 comments:

  1. It is pretty crazy to see how far MTV has come. I can remember being 8 years old and watching music videos all the time and when TRL actually played full music videos. Over the years, the began to play 30 seconds of the video and just talked. I do agree with you that the channel has now become infamous with VH1 in showing reality shows, well almost every channel does now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, while MTV may have been known for music videos a while back, it's now just full of reality shows which is what people have become used to. I really don't think these 6 hours will make much difference, especially looking at the time that they're airing! Most people would rather use YouTube now anyway, where they can watch whatever video they want on demand instead of having to wait to see if it comes up sometime during the 6 hour rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, I'd like to see MTV show more music videos. I'm kind of sick of reality shows, the drama is the same and after a while you can kind of tell it's scripted or influenced by the producers some way. I don't think airing the videos at the 3 in the morinig will do much, but at least they're trying...

    ReplyDelete