Friday, April 3, 2009

The Simpsons get Eternalized in a Stamp


I recently read something I thought was very interesting, "The Simpsons" is getting a stamp to celebrate 20 years on TV. They will be launched this year and it is a huge accomplishment for Fox and everyone involved with The Simpsons show. The stamps, that were designed by the shows producer Matt Groening, will feature all the characters; Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. The Postal Service receives about 50,000 stamp suggestions a year and only 20 are chosen, so it is a real honor for them. I was not the biggest fan of the Simpsons, I used to watch it when I was very young but as I got older I wasn't into it anymore. Although I am not a fan I think it is great that they are getting a stamp because after 20 years as an American favorite they deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment