Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Everyday Stuff That's Bad For Us...

An interesting article I just read said that websites like Twitter that give user updates could be dangerous to our emotional development. According to scientists, streams of information provided by these sites are too fast for our brain to comprehend and in turn are harming young people's emotional development. They are saying that before we can experience emotions about one story we are bombarded with another so we do not have time to feel emotions. I don't know how I feel about this information, it seems like just another thing that is bad for us in this world. I don't think our friends posting their status is affecting our emotional development so much that we need to worry about it.

2 comments:

  1. Thats kind of an interesting argument. I could somehow see how this could be true, but at the same time the info we're given isn't always of high regard or importance that we need to analyze it and feel emotions about it. interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like every other day I read an article about how something we do is "bad for us". If we stopped doing everything that was "bad for us", then we'd all just be stuck living in plastic bubbles. I don't really see why people worry so much about this stuff.. life is short, so you might as well enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete