Friday, February 13, 2009

Cancel Cable and Watch TV on the Internet!!

When I miss one of my shows the first thing I do is go online. You can watch almost anything online if you look hard enough. Most shows are posted on the TV station's website right after it is aired so you never have to miss a beat. You can also find TV shows, movies, really anything you can think of on video sites like Youtube or hulu. A lot of people are tuning into the internet to save money and cancelling their cable. I think that is a good idea because of how expensive cable is. This could be a really helpful way for someone to save money if they are struggling. Especially now with the economy the way it is, there are many that are turning off the cable and turning on the computer.

There are some disadvantages to this new way of watching your favorite shows. You have to watch on a smaller screen than that of a TV. Also, most videos are streaming and it may take a long time for them to load or they could stop in the middle of the video. If you have a laptop you could have trouble with your connection. Despite some of the problems I think that this is a new inventive way to save money in this bad economy.

1 comment:

  1. I think someone that watches only a few series on tv and nothing else could get by with canceling their cable subscription. However, not all shows are online. I've tried to find a few different series or shows online and I've had a lot of trouble finding them and some aren't online at all. I think people like the convenience of being able to plop down on the couch and channel surf. And with things like Tivo, it's even easier to not miss your shows. I definitely think that there would be some upsides to have strictly internet and no cable, but in the end I think the cons would outweigh the pros.

    ReplyDelete